Wednesday, March 22, 2017

ICU Visit

    I had a trip to the ICU. I woke up with throbbing pains in my head. My mom and dad drove me to the ICU right away. At first I thought I had another tumor in my head, so it freaked me out. When I got to the ICU, I found out that my lungs filled up with water again and was causing short oxygenation. So, because of this, it caused my brain to throb and my shoulder to have pains. After 6 days of nurses waiting on me and multiple checkups, I got back from the ICU.We had a cancer meeting. Same old stuff, still staying on Phalanxifor, blah blah blah. With all this talk, it got me thinking, so I asked if I could ever have a lung transplant. They responded with a no, because it probably wouldn't help anyway. Hearing that response, my dad started sobbing, again. It didn't really bother me though because I understood. So then, I asked about going to Amsterdam, Dr. Maria said it was my life, it was mine and my parents decision. One doctor though, said he didn't think it was a good idea. It was to big of a risk he said. I needed and adult that knows my medical conditions to go. After he was done blabbing his opinions, we went home. My mom and dad made the executive decision that I will no be going to Amsterdam. So I texted Gus saying it wasn't going to work out.Amsterdam was done with.

No comments:

Post a Comment